Key Functions and Benefits
The key functionalities of building automation systems are:
In doing this, your BAS should reduce the energy and maintenance costs of your building, and most commercial and industrial buildings built after the year 2000 have a BAS. It is not uncommon for older buildings to be retrofitted with a new BAS also, a development driven by the energy and insurance savings driven with pre-emptive maintenance and rapid and effective issue detection.
Despite the many advantages of BAS, connecting systems that run your lighting, heating, cooling, ventilation, electrical needs, video, access control, and fire safety takes a great deal of planned collaboration and a well-defined architecture that can help you leverage the power of a BAS and enjoy the many cost savings and productivity enhancements it comes with.
Edison’s Building Automation Solutions
Edison is powering the convergence of BAS and information technology using new technologies that make it easier to deliver the information and services needed to those who need it, in an easily digestible format, complete with reporting, charts, and recommendations.
Edison’s BAS can help you:
- Allocate more of your budget to productivity enhancements.
- Lower your energy consumption bills.
- Enhance occupant comfort.
- Enhance staff and occupant productivity.
- Quickly identify and address maintenance issues and hazards
- Lower your total cost of ownership, liability, and risk via centralized and effective management tools.
- Lower your operational costs thanks to systems consolidation.